OCTOBER 2023: ORANGE & CLOVE
Ushering in the warmth of the holiday season (I know it’s early to say that, but according to Home Depot, Halloween started in late August so…) our gently spiced Orange & Clove Pizzelles will get you even more geared up than you have already been forced to be. A perfect accompaniment for tea or some quality dark chocolate.
So, you’ve received your pizzelles, and have successfully staved off the urge to eat the whole box right away. Nice job! You might be wondering, “How do I keep these beauties fresh and crisp?” Well, there’s not much you have to actually DO.
- Keep them fresh right there in the bag, in a cool dry place, for about 4 weeks.
- These little babies HATE moisture of any kind. So store them away from your stovetop, your shower, and your steam room..basically anywhere steam or moisture may be generated is bad.
- Even mild changes in humidity can affect their crispness, especially during shipping. If any items become soft during shipping or after they arrive, simply place them on a baking sheet, or even better, an oven-safe wire rack, and bake them for just 2 minutes in a 300 degree oven. Let them cool completely on a wire rack, and they’ll be crisp and good as new..
- Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Do not get them wet.
- And DO NOT, under any circumstances, feed them after midnight. I made that mistake once. It wasn’t pretty.
That’s pretty much it! Thank you so very much for indulging in my offerings, and supporting this small biz.